Spoke Too Soon!


Update on my three sons: Well, we are back to Rock and Roll. It seems my DSS is not coming after all. His mother (in her infinite wisdom) has decided that he can’t come until school lets out (not that he goes to school anyway). Apparently,  she has decided that we might not send her the child support if we have him. Keep in mind that we are ordered to pay child support until his 18 birthday and it’s in the divorce decree. We are law-abiding citizens who like our security clearances. We aren’t going to throw that away for 5 months without paying support!

I feel so bad for DSS. It is one thing if you (as a parent) change your mind because something is not in the best interest of your child for safety reasons. For example, if you decided he/she could go to a party only to find that it was hosted by a pedophile, I could see you hanging your mind. But when it is for your own reasons and NOT in the best interest of your child, I have an issue with it. I adore my DSS, it breaks my heart that he was so upset about not coming.

In other news, R1 and R2 are still boys. They are measuring at today’s u/s about 18 weeks, 4 and 5 days. In actuality they are only 17 weeks, 6 days BUT our donor was tall (5’11). Both his their faces from the camera today and faced toward their respective placentas. Both hearts have 4 chambers and their brains have the right # of hemispheres.

I think I may have felt them move but I wouldn’t know it if it bit me in the ass. I’m hoping for a more definite sign in the next couple of weeks. My cervix is long and closed, so I guess all is well.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s